Thursday, April 17, 2014

What I Am Thankful For Today

1.  Elevated Progesterone Levels

One of my problems in infertility has been my progesterone levels.  It took an oral medication over three months of steadily increasing its dose previously to obtain levels high enough to maintain pregnancy.  So, needless to say, this has been on my mind a lot this go 'round!  My first progesterone level checked was 0.3….YIKES!!  Of course, this was before ovulation, but that's still SCARY low.  It has to be at least 10 or above after ovulation to maintain pregnancy.  The doctor's have me on a different type of progesterone medication now, and after just FOUR days of using this medication - my progesterone level yesterday was 16.4!!!  Now, they actually would still like to have it above 20…so I'm upping the dose..but HALLELUJAH!!  It's not "0".  Matt and I prayed specifically that the Lord would raise my levels…He made this body…He can heal it.  Praise Jesus for answered prayers!


2. Catching up with a dear friend over lunch


April and I have been friends now for nearly 10 years.  I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, and she is my old running buddy (when I used to run, and first started running!)  So thankful for her steady friendship.  We can pick up right where we left off like there's been no time missed.  Love her. 

3. For smiling, giggling babies



This is April's daughter, Lily Cate.  She just turned 2 years old in February.  It is just pure joy to watch her and to hear her say "hi".  She waves her little hand, too.  OH SO PRECIOUS!!  Every baby is a miracle from our sweet and sovereign Lord… Praise the Lord for sweet Lily Cate.  We laughed as much over her at lunch as we did anything else.  

4. Strawberries



I had a few as a snack today.  I mean, just sweet and delicious.  Thank you, God, for creating such a delectable treat for your children to eat!  They are heavy with pigment, filled with sweet juices, and a gift to my tastebuds.  

5.  My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ

Today is Maundy Thursday.  Because of Jesus, I have Life.  Apart from Him, I am nothing.  I am humbled by this Truth.  Thank you, Lord, for going to the Cross of Calvary with me on your mind.  How people can go through life with suffering and pain without knowing Him, I will never understand. I would become a heap of ashes if not upheld by His righteous right hand.  All that I am is because of Him.  

Thank you, Jesus. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your levels...for you and Matt! That is amazing! I am continuously praying for a good outcome and wish this two weeks would hurry up and go by! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet post dear friend. We can't wait this long for lunch again! We loved seeing and catching up with you. Praying for you much!

    ReplyDelete