Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Few Randoms to Keep Myself Busy.


 So, have I mentioned that Matt has to go to a continuing medical education trip every year in Las Vegas at this time??  It's not my favorite place for him to go…especially because they don't allow spouses.  However, this does make me laugh.  Each year there is one "entertainment night" and it's usually an older, well known band like Styx, or something akin.  THIS year…a COSTUME party.  HA!  So, each participating group had to decide what character they would dress up as….Baptist chose      Pirates.  
(Matt was not in on this decision)

So!  We pieced this outfit together for Matt last minute :)  Fierce Head scarf with skulls…$1. Pirate Eye Patch with gold earring…$2.99.  Blow up sword…$0.99.  Red sash…my very own scarf.  It's Pirate enough, don't you say?!?!  and all for under $5 bucks!
Of course, he won't be wearing a plaid shirt and khakis…what mean bad pirate would ever be seen in khakis???  How could you take him seriously?  So Baptist had shirts made that say, "Baptist Pirate".  And he'll don that with jeans…:) Muuuuuuch better.

Isn't he cute, though??  Love him.


I made my mom's homemade spaghetti the other night…but instead of adding just normal ground beef…I made homemade spicy meatballs.  The recipe called it:
Meatball Nirvana. 
I think it lived up to its name…and I had one happy customer.







We took a day trip to see Matt's grandparents and parents who were here for Easter. 
It was a wonderful trip.  We are so glad we got to spend some time with them while they were in town! 






The Dogs.  Performing an Irish Jig.




What I came home to on Easter Eve.  God has blessed me with such a wonderful and thoughtful husband...

who also sends me texts like this….and makes me laugh out loud :)


You're Welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Go Matt, go Matt...lol. aaarrrgggg! Seeing Dot and Baylor dancing just made me laugh out loud and then I saw the last picture!! I'm so glad that God gave me you! Love you.

    ReplyDelete