Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Madrid, Spain…Day 3


We wanted to see the Capitol in the daytime, so we mosied on back over to it this morning. It really is quite impressive to behold.  The detail in the architecture is amazing!






Then, I read about this park, Retiro Park, that is very tranquil and has a lake that you can rent a row boat and go out on…so went there next! 





And, of course, my sweet hubby was a complete gentleman and rowed the entire time…:)  Did I mention he was on the crew team during college?? So, really, I was doing him a favor in letting him row the whole time…college nostalgia and all that…ahem :) 




Matt really wanted to go visit the Naval Museum, too, while we were in the area…He was super excited.  Me?  oh, well, I love my husband…:)


A 90 cannon Spanish armada…they had one that had 112 cannons on the side too!  DANG!




Matt found a model of the USS Maine..


I put in my two cents…never can be too cautious…must look fierce at all times..

This was the worst tapas we've had the whole trip thus far…however, Matt liked it…anchovies on tomato bruschetta…ick!!




And THEN we went to Plaza De Torres to watch a bullfight…
Now, let me just say, after speaking with a nurse at work who said this is a MUST see while in Madrid, and that they usually don't kill the bulls…SHE LIED. 



Pomp and Circumstance before the big show..


This beautiful beast never had a dog in this fight.. it was completely barbaric in my opinion. We had to leave early because I was crying so much. As people clapped and yelled around me for the matador to finish him, I sobbed like a baby.  I couldn't post any pictures of it being hurt…I can't even stand to look at them.

What I do know, is that I will NEVER go to another bull fight again.


And then it was 10:00pm…time for dinner in Spain. We were EXHAUSTED! 
We found Peggy Sue's diner…had a burger and fries and diet coke…
Now time for bed!  Can you tell how tired I am?? Sheesh!


We leave for Barcelona in the morning!  Looking forward to more of our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment