Thursday, May 8, 2014

IUI #2 and then some..

We had our second IUI procedure yesterday!  All was routine and went according to plan.  I was at work by 11am like the last time.  Now we will wait two long weeks again to know if the Lord has opened my womb and allowed us to bear children.  Oh how we covet your prayers during this time! Oh, Lord, hear our prayers. 

(below is my treat to myself after the IUI procedure and before work…a Lite Coffee Frappacino, and an old fashioned glazed doughnut…that's right…don't judge…:))



Other memories of our lives….
Cinco de Mayo
We celebrated Cinco de Mayo in true American style :)  (I say "American" because, apparently, it's not really celebrated in Mexico like we celebrate here - verbatim from Donna and Marky Ayers whom I ALSO had a mexican lunch with earlier that day!! Go BIG or Go HOME.) 
We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant, ordered margaritas, and ate fajitas :)  
Outside, they had a band singing both american and hispanic music - it was AWESOME! They also had a guy on guitar on the inside singing some parrot head music…fun times. 





We are in our final preparations for Spain!!  
Matt and I were reading through Rick Steves' book on Spain last night and building our itinerary :)  Actually, most of our itinerary has "relax, eat tapas" on it.  
Annnnnd, we'll probably see some other sites while we're there, too…:)



And, TODAY is Dot's 6th Birthday!!!  
Such a beautiful bird dog and wonderful companion.  Matt asked her this morning what she would like to have for her birthday, and we're pretty sure she said, "Bird?" :)  Love this girl.  

2 comments:

  1. Shana, we don't know each other but I stumbled across your blog last spring as you first started documenting your journey and you have been on my heart since then. Thank you for resuming sharing your story- you and your husband remain on my heart and our family is lifting you up in prayer during this hopeful time, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, Thank you so much for your comment - I literally had tears in my eyes when I read it while I was at work tonight. You have encouraged me beyond measure to know that you are praying for us and care about our journey. I wasn't sure anyone was ever really reading this blog (besides my family!…and even then it may be touch and go :) ). I let my husband read this, too, and he said how sweet you are to have commented with such encouragement. Thank you, again. Shana

      Delete