Thursday, May 15, 2014

Leaving Madrid…Arriving in Barcelona


The Atocha Train Station in Madrid


Today seems like a whirlwind.  We took a three hour train ride from Madrid to Barcelona, and finally arrived at our hotel around 3PM.  Matt lost his sunglasses somewhere along the way, so we walked to a nearby mall to find him some more.  I, of course, was hangry by this time :)  And we decided to eat first so my happy camper phase would re-appear :)  By the time we actually ate lunch…it was 4:30PM!!!  We felt like true spaniards after all.  We weren't alone…many other spainiards were eating their lunch as well.

We decided that we were too tired to do much else tonight, so we decided to check out the hotel's pool that is on the rooftop…the front lobby hostess said, "you'll LOVE it!"…so we tried.  Me, in my bathing suit and coverup…Matt in his bathing suit and t-shirt….only to find out it's FREEZING up there!!!  We didn't realize it had dropped to 60-something degrees!!  We promptly got back in the elevator to come back to the room, but not before THREE spaniard men got on the elevator with us.  Thankfully, Matt pretty much shielded me from them by standing in front of me…but I'm pretty sure they were making fun of us.  And so goes our trip :)



But, tonight, Matt went out and bought a bottle of wine, some cheese, strawberries, olives, and chips (all the traditional tapas you would receive in a spanish restaurant)…and turned on Nora Jones from his IPad.  We slow danced, ate, talked and laughed...It was wonderful.  Just what I needed today - the perfect end to such a tiring day :)

Tomorrow will start a new adventure in Barcelona…


**Oh, I don't know if I need to say this, but I will (only because I had a girl ask me this question before we left for Spain) - My fertility doctor gave me full reign to have some alcoholic drinks while in Spain - he said it can't hurt anything in the first two weeks and to enjoy our trip and the "Spanish champagne"**

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hey Hey! Look at you blogging the trip- I didn't know you were going to do that. I'm having a great time journeying with you. Love all your cute dresses! :) Thanks for the many pictures of the cathedral- I LOVED them! You see a pretty church- you take a pic for me. I can just picture you weeping through the bull fight. Poor Skrawny. Well, it's 9:00 here and I had supper hours ago, but maybe I'll eat something now in solidarity with your late night feasting. Yep- here's a chocolate poptart- cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna! That made me laugh out loud…thanks for the post!

      Delete