Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 9 Follicle Check

Praise the Lord!!  I have FIVE mature follicles this go 'round!  Two on the right, and three on the left!  However, I will tell you…the nurse practitioner who was doing my ultrasound thought I may have been starting to ovulate this morning, and told me that we may have to move our IUI procedure UP TO TODAY….what?!?!  Needless to say, I was very surprised, nervous, excited, and ready all at once!  The final decision would all be based on my progesterone level that was drawn this morning to verify if I actually was ovulating or not.  So she told me to get my HCG injection ready, and plan on it.  I called Matt, who would have to cancel two appointments to make that happen, but was more than willing to do so. 

I met Donna for lunch, and by the end of it, ART program had called, and said, no, in fact I am not ovulating…ha!  But that's ok.  That means everyone gets to keep about their business as usual today, and we will have the procedure as planned on Wednesday morning :) My progesterone level was 0.5 today, and my estrogen was 554…both great levels for where we are. 

We covet your prayers for a successful procedure this month! 

On Friday, Matt and I went to our friends, Bradford and Elizabeth's, house for dinner.  They are newlyweds..and it is so fun to see her entertain in her new home with her man by her side :)  And, of course, they served Mexican food…our favorite! 


The happy couple as we left that night..can you tell we were full?? ahem.

However, I had already been feeling very nauseated all day that day, and didn't want to cancel dinner plans with these sweet friends…and I paid for it the rest of the night.  (Not because of her cooking!! I was already feeling sick, mind you!)

Matt and I were sick all night…I was up vomiting, etc. and had to go to work the next day.  I couldn't find anyone to cover for me…ugh!  So this is how we take care of our own at work…


Matt got to stay at home and rest all day, which I'm very happy he did.  He needed to recover as much as I did.  He hydrated at home…I hydrated through my vein at work with some zofran…miracle drug, I tell you!  I did end up seeing two patients, IV in place, before the fluids all ran in.  I do wonder what they may be thinking as they come in to the ER for a bug bite, and I have an IV hanging out of my arm taking care of them…:)

Then, by Sunday morning, we were all better…ready to go to church :)


Don't you just LOVE a man in a bow tie!!  So handsome.  

























And Matt planted five new knockout rose bush plants in our rose bush garden…our yard is his sanctuary.  He loves it!  It really is so much more beautiful with his touch. 




No comments:

Post a Comment