Tuesday, December 9, 2014

What did you say doc? Perfect? I'll take it!


Today I underwent my IUI procedure.  
I feel like everything has been perfect this go 'round.  My ultrasound showed TWO mature follicles two days ago…all we need is one!  I have one on the left and one on the right…both came to the party this month :) 

We decided to only take oral medication to save on costs and to minimize my complications (i.e. cysts!).  It worked.  

I have also been testing my ovulation via an ovulation sensor and a kit.  My LH surge was right on time; everything correlates.

Matt went in first this morning to do his thing…which was PERFECT.  

I went in an hour and a half later, and was called back fairly quickly..
however, not before I had some time to look through a Southern Living Christmas Magazine and score some awesome recipes (that I just took pics of with my phone) and peruse some neat "suggested"gifts for the season..


and saw these ADORABLE slippers…."Southern Belle"…however, they cost about $148…so nope. 
But I can look at them and think of how adorable they would be to wear!


Once the IUI procedure was completed, I had an ultrasound just to make sure everything happened the way it was supposed to (process of ovulation concurrent with procedure) given that we only took oral medication this round…it was PERFECT.  Those are the very words the nurse practitioner used.  By the way, I asked for a specific nurse practitioner who is just awesome…got her.  Again, perfect. :)


I was so excited, I wanted to remember this moment.  This could be the moment that we made (God allowed and truly made) our Christmas miracle.  Oh, please, Lord!!

I have felt calm all morning…but I attribute that to my time with the Lord, and prayer.  He truly gives a peace that surpasses all understanding.  It's probably the calmest I've ever felt going through this process.  

I told the Lord this morning that the last two+ years have been hard.  They have certainly tried us and stretched our faith in ways we could have never imagined.  And we are so thankful.  God has made us own what we said we believe.  Our convictions are deeper because of it, our love for our God is immeasurably more because of it.  He has met us every step along the way and has brought comfort.  He was/is capable of taking on our doubts and honesty before Him when we were at our lowest moments in the struggle.  Oh, how I love Jesus. 

We don't know what news today's procedure will bring.  We may get a Christmas miracle for our family.  We may not.  Either way, we are content.  Jesus is THE Christmas miracle, and We are His and He is ours.  Whatever he calls us to, we'll do.  We deserved nothing, yet He has given us everything. 

Just a last picture of our sweet furry babies…I took a picture of Dot first:


and then Baylor got a little jealous and needed her picture taken as well:

um, hello, guys.

Merry Christmas, ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting and we are lifting y'all up in prayer. We love y'all.

    ReplyDelete