Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Denver, baby!!

This past week, Matt and I had the opportunity to fly to Denver to witness a good friend of Matt's get married.  However, we both have friends who live in Denver, so we made the most of the trip and "caught up!"
Below is my friend from college, Jackie Batchelor.  She and I were involved in the same ministry in college, Campus Outreach, and became best buds on our first summer beach project together. 
We were roommates and inseparable that summer :)
She took us to Steuben's restaurant in Denver, and it was DE-LICIOUS!  
Who knew crispy brussel sprouts and habanero corn would taste amazing as appetizers…I was hooked!


And the sign she is holding below is how they "find you" for your table.  They also have "Growing Pains", etc.  :)



After dinner, Matt and I drove to Larimer Street to meet up with the soon to be bride and groom and wedding party for a couple hours.  Isn't this street beautiful?! I LOVE white string lights…they make everything seem so much more romantic :)



After breakfast the next morning at "Snooze"…
(which you know we will always find something spicy to eat!)

We headed out to Red Rocks to meet one of Matt's fraternity brothers from Baylor and did a "little" hiking….have I mentioned the elevation is MUCH higher than Birmingham ???  and a girl just can't breathe as well hiking straight up a mountain??  1/4 mile. DONE. :)




I had just caught my breath enough for this picture :)


Matt and I went out on a sweet date night the evening of July 4th…just the two of us :)  We watched fireworks, and then went to a roof top dining restaurant…although, the temperature had dropped to 64 degrees, and I had on a dress…still enjoyable, though!





The next morning, we hit Lucille's…a cajun breakfast joint in the heart of Denver…YUM.
Shrimp and Grits, anyone??



And we then proceeded to tour the Coor's Brewery, and met back up with Matt's fraternity brother and his girlfriend for the day..





And then the main event, the wedding…



It was held at the Denver Botanical Gardens… just lovely.





These were all sculptures from a featured artist at the time..


And Said (pronounced Sah-eeyed) and Jennifer  :) 
Happy couple!



A quick 4 day trip…I now love Denver as much in the summer as I do in the winter!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! I've always wanted to see red rocks ever since the PBS John Tesh concert that was there. Tell Matt I love the windowpane pocket square bringing some flavor to a conservative suit. :) glad you lovebirds got away for the fourth.

    ReplyDelete